Sunday 14 October 2007

Angil and The Hiddentracks - Oulipo Saliva

This was an LP that completely took me by surprise and has become one that I have kept coming back to. I had no idea who Angil or the Hidden Tracks were beforehand but after a bit of online research I managed to find out a bit more. At the moment I think it's only released in France officially, on the 'We Are Unique' label but available to order online. The best way I can describe it is to imagine an inventive, experimental mixture of jazz, folk and classical influences. It reminds me very much of Robert Wyatt's music, especially Angil's voice and vocal style. A challenging, not instantly accessible LP but well worth it.

Download
Buy
Info
pass: simplygoodmusic

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Many many thanks, this is a lovely review!